Wednesday, February 17, 2010

D-Day

I am getting a little behind in my posts. Yesterday, we took a tour of D-Day sites with a company that does battlefield tours. It was amazing. I won’t post many pictures, because without the background you won’t really understand what happened there.

Note the stain on this church bench. It is blood from a paratrooper who died there 66 years ago on June 6. This little church was used as a hospital.
But I will say that it reminded me of the enormous dept we owe to the WW2 generation for the amazing sacrifices they made in the face of great evil. Both allied soldiers and French civilians gave their lives so that both nations could be the free nations we grew up in. I fear when these brave men and women are gone, we will too easily forget how dear a price freedom always seems to require.

Add Image