Thursday, March 02, 2006

And now for something completely different...


AL IN JERUSALEM
Well, I made it.
I left my house at 6:50am on Monday and arrived at my hotel in Jerusalem on Wednesday morning at 4am. It was along time getting here.

Still, this is an amazing place. I think what amazes me as much as the history is the people. I don’t think there is anywhere in the world that drawn so many different people and draws them to places of faith and devotion. God said that he would draw all the nations to himself and it looks like he has done it here.

Here are a few shots of people I’ve snuck a picture of…



I have been busy and my legs feel it. Wednesday, I did a four quarters walk of the city and went through the tunnel that runs along the western edge of the great Herodian wall that the temple was built on. I spend some extra time in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Today, I took pictures of the Western Wall, the Temple Mount, the southern wall excavations, a few places in the Jewish Quarter, and Mt. Zion. Eight hours of marching up and down hills and stairs. Nothing here is flat and my legs feel every foot I walked.

I still have a lot to do. Seven days left.

Take care…Al