Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wrapping Things Up

Time to wrap things up. Yes, everyone got home on time and with baggage. The connection at JFK was tight, but everyone made it.

I’ve had a few extra days, as have the Brittan’s. Big as this city is, I kept running into them. We walked the 500 year old walls together on Tuesday and had lunch. They were off to Athens-London-Seattle at 6am on Wednesday.
I spent today photographing the Jerusalem model in detail (about 300 pictures). I always seem to need an angle I don’t have on file, so I should be covered now.
I then headed over to an area known as the Jerusalem souk—the fresh market that many Jews shop in. I love the balance of everyday life of the living city to the Biblical treasures this city also houses.




If you don't know what this is, ask Karen Jennison.
One thing I do like about the old city is that there is an interesting looking person on just about every corner.

This guys just stands by the Jaffa Gate every day.
It took me the longest time to figure out from a distance this was not a hat, but his hair.
This girl couldn’t have been more than 21 years old (she looked younger from the front). She is obviously a private security guard for some Jewish touring or study group.
Tomorrow I have a midnight flight to the USA, so this will be my last post. Thanks for looking. Come with us next time. I’ll see you in church Sunday, but don’t expect me to be too awake.