Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Trip Back

Well, I’m back. I’ll post a few pictures of our last few days.

I should mention that while all my days in Turkey were great, my trip home was a little tough. There are three possibilities. I may have caught a bit of a flu type bug. I may have ate something that gave me a touch of food poisioning. Or, I may just have eaten too much rich food on my last day (Yes, I did over do it a bit. Hey, it was my last chance to get good Turkish food for a long time).

So, by the time we get to the airport at 4am on Wednesday morning, I’m feeling pretty lousy. Fever and stomach cramps. By the time I was on the plane, I was feeling even worse and at one point headed back to the bathrooms. While waiting for one to open up, I started feeling dizzy. The next thing I knew there were all sorts of people staring down at me and I was on the floor. At least I gave the flight attendants something to talk about.

As it turns out, when I passed out I twisted my knee pretty badly. It stiffened up over the next 13 hours of the flights. Not my best trans-Atlantic trip.

As I write this on Thursday, I’m feeling much better. I’ve been on a 7-UP diet for that last 48 hours and Rick Vaughan tells me he thinks the knee is only sprained. 4-6 weeks of gimping around. All in all, not as bad as I thought it might be.

I’m on home rest for a few days, just to be sure I have nothing contagious. That means I’ll likely miss church Sunday.

See you all next Sunday. Thanks for reading.
Pastor Al