Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Saturday, so we must be in Berlin

Let me say that I learned something I would have never guessed: even the French have a better metro system than the Germans. After not a single misstep in either England or France, both Shawn and I struggled with the Berlin S ban today. It is the most confusing system I have yet encountered. God only knows what will happen when I try to get to Wittenberg tomorrow.



Today was great once I got there. I got to look at loads of looted treasures from a number of places that are Biblically significant. This includes what many people think is the temple that is called the “Throne of Satan” in Revelation. Also, by completer accident, I stumbled onto some very important papyruses from Jewish soldiers in Egypt serving the Persian Empire, asking for permission from Jerusalem to replace a temple to Yahweh that had been destroyed. I had read about these letters, but had no idea where they were. Here are a few pictures.