Friday, February 12, 2010

We're Across the Pond


We have arrived. The flights were my favorite kind- boring. I didn’t get any sleep on the planes and after a nearly evening nap my body clock is seriously messed up.



London is cloudy, cold – normal for February. We rode in on the Tube to save money and found our hotel is two blocks from a station. The hotel is simple, but clean, in a nice area, and cheap by London standards.




Here are my traveling companions Shawn and his son Josh.




We didn’t do much today, but we did make it to Westminster Abbey. This great church is important for all sorts of reasons, but for me, I went there because this is where the great Westminster Confession was written. This confession has defined Presbyterian since it was written in 1646.



Unfortunately, no pictures are allowed inside the ornate and complex church interior, so a couple of exterior shots and a couple of misc London sites.








By the way, how come the British can made such good fish and chips? All ours look like chicken nuggets compared to the big, battered pieces that actually look like they came off a fish.


Tomorrow is my most important day of the whole trip: The British Museum. Good night!