Monday, March 10, 2014

Spain Day Zero

Day zero is the day everyone arrives before the tour begins. We started early in Seattle on Sunday to get a 7:15am flight to JFK, then an eight hour flight to Madrid. With my sleep apnea, I can't sleep on planes, so by the time we got here at 7:30am on Monday I was tired

We got in our room and I planned to sleep ~4 hours, then poke around Madrid. I woke up at 5:30pm. Having been sick for almost three weeks, I may have needed the sleep. So not much to report today.

Madrid does have a stunning airport.
 Our hotel on the right side of the street, about the middle of the picture.
 Our tapas dinner. Note the the dish on the left was Shawn's. He thought it was some sort of salad when he ordered. It was octopus and cost 20Euros ($28US).
 This last picture is for my wife. Near the Madrid central train station.