Saturday, February 25, 2012

Old City - Day 1

Jerusalem is like no other place on earth. Really. I find it totally amazing, from the simple bread bakery to the Tomb of Christ. It drips in history, holiness, conflict, and mystery.

I’m a bit amazed that I now know it well enough to be a pretty good tour guide. We covered a good part of the Christian, Moslem, and Armenian quarters today, along with a brief foray into boring Mt Zion.


I did stop by the Church of St John, the oldest church in Jerusalem, for thr first time, but no one was there to let us in.

We also did the Russian Church by the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and actually were allowed to take pictures. Last time I was there a huge Russian priest when street rat crazy on me about not taking any pictures.

Here are a few random pictures:




I did get to walk down the Moslem graveyard on the east side of the Temple Mount, something I had been wanting to do.


Finished the night at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Even then, the place was busy. Christians are loving the space to the point of craziness.